British Sausage Week
By Jo | 2nd November 2015 | Shop
This week is British Sausage Week (2-8 November)! Now in its 18th year, the annual tribute to sizzling bangers celebrates the taste, quality and diversity of British sausages.
At the Mile Farm Shop, we stock low salt sausages from Pocklington butcher Burton Butchers, plus pork & apple, pork & chilli and savoury herb flavours.
We love these FIVE Sausage Facts from LovePork.co.uk!
- The word sausage derives from the Latin salsisium, meaning something that has been salted
- Sausages were nicknamed bangers during the Second World War. Their high water content due to the scarcity of other ingredients meant that they were liable to explode when cooked
- 86 per cent of British households buy sausages, on an average of 12 times per year
- Each household spends an average of £34.40 per year on sausages
- Every day, 3.7 million meals containing sausages are eaten at home